Tuesday 24 November 2015

I CAN'T REMEMBER YOUR NAME

I known you now so many years
We've shared jokes and moans and laughs and tears
We've often discussed our hopes and fears
Now I can't remember your name

I know exactly who you are 
Together we have come so far
We've been to many a local bar
But I can't remember your name

Maybe you haven't stirred my soul
Perhaps we don't share a common goal
So now that we are growing old
I can't remember your name

A profound embarrassment churns inside
I use phrases like "old friend of mine"
But the awful truth won't be denied
I can't remember your name

I yearn for how it used to be
When things by themselves came back to me
Now like a ship with no rudder they're lost at sea
And I can't remember your name

I feel the sadness of lost control
Of things I can't do I once did at a stroll
Inside my mind there's a widening hole
So I can't remember your name

I know that you are feeling hurt
Like our friendship's only worthless dirt
But I'd give away my very last shirt
Just to remember your name

No comments:

Post a Comment